- 4 Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1 cup (200g) Granulated Sugar
- 7 ounces (200g) Butter, Softened
- 1.5 cup (190g) Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F), grease and flour a 7.5” loaf pan.
- Place soften butter and sugar in your stand mixer bowl attached with a paddle and mix on medium speed, you can also use a handheld mixer. After about 5 minutes of mixing, your mixture should be nice and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing very well between each addition. Then vanilla extract and mix a little more.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour to butter mixture in three additions, mixing well (on medium-low speed) between each addition and until all flour is fully incorporated. Try not to over mix, so stop mixing once all the flour is combined with the mixture.
- Evenly split the cake batter into 2 clean bowls. Add cocoa powder to one of the bowls and almond powder to the other one, then mix each bowl separately until the newly added ingredients are fully incorporated into the batters.
- Scope the batter into the pan by alternating a scoop of white batter and beside it a scoop of chocolate batter. For the second layer, on top of every white batter place a chocolate batter, and on each chocolate, scoop a scoop of white batter. Using a butter knife, make a U or an S shape.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan, then transfer your cake into a serving plate.
Loved this recipe? Follow me on YTSubscribe Now!